Friday, March 18, 2011

Government Waste 2010

The timely release of Senator Tom Coburn’s book “Waste 2010”, sheds a bright light on outrageous ways our tax dollars are being wasted. Senator Coburn states he can save 11.5 billion dollars, which shows that he is not serious about eliminating the waste, since there is much, much more waste that he chooses to ignore.

Senator Coburn has identified 100 of these pet projects eating up taxpayer dollars, with thousands more not being listed or talked about. Here are a few examples:


3 million to University of Cal. of Irvine to play video games.

1 million dollars to create poetry for Little Rock, New Orleans, Milwaukee, & Chicago Zoos.

175 million to the U.S. Veterans Affairs to maintain hundreds of buildings they do not use.

1.8 million to Las Vegas, Nevada for a museum for neon signs.

$137,530 to Dartmouth University to create a video game.

$600,000 to Minnesota Zoo to develop an online video game, “Wolf quest”.

$800,000 (stimulus money) to National Institute of Health, to study genital washing program on South African men.

$615,000 to University Calif. at Santa Cruz to digitize photos, T-Shirts and concert tickets belonging to the Grateful Dead.

$239,100 to a Stanford University professor to study how Americans find Love on the internet.

$442,340 to the National Institute of Health to study male prostitutes in Vietnam.

Senator Coburn is not the only politician in Washington, that is fully aware of these pet projects and their cost to the taxpayer. In the past decade, the size of government has doubled while Congress approved more than 90,000 earmarks. Pet projects as these have been a large problem in our government and increase year after year costing massive amounts of taxpayer dollars, increasing tenfold since 1991. The waste is justified by claiming everything from “eliminating waste is a violation of our Constitution“, to “eliminating them won’t matter it is such a small amount compared to the debt“.

Earmarks invites more and more corruption within Congress both on a state and federal level. To Congress earmarks are the staple in their political diet, with the only thing on the menu being how they can advance their political agenda while leaving taxpayers of America paying the bill.

While Congress marches on to cut spending, they target the middle class, poor and the elderly. My suggestion is bring in an expert, a common housewife that balances her family’s budget and give Congress a lesson in fiscal responsibility.

I have to ask if he is able to do this on his own, what is the rest of our great politicians doing up there?

2 comments:

  1. WOW this is great stuff, I knew I was getting screwed I just didn't know where it was coming from. Isn't it funny the balls these politicians grow when they are given the power to screw anyone and anything at the cost of the American people. And the even bigger sad part of it all is 90% of the people don't even know they are getting the screwing. Come on Uncle Sam screw me some more I just love working my ass off while you set in your luxurious homes and take half of my hard earned money and squander it on all this BS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I've decided that I want to apply for a government grant to do a study on cracking hardboiled egg without screwing up the egg. I can go and survey several families as well as using my own experience with cracking hard boiled eggs. I figure that I could do this for no more than 2,000,000.00 that is 2 million hard earned American citizen dollars, a year. I figure they will not have an issue with working their ass off trying to make ends meet while I sit on my ass pealing eggs as this will greatly benefit all. I could hire someone to compile all the information while I sit on my ass some more and give them a few buck of their own hard earned tax dollars. Ok that’s the plan, look out American here I come. You will all learn after numerous years of research how to crack a beautiful egg.
    Wow what in the sam hell just happened. I just woke up from the worst nightmare I have ever had. I dreamt that I was one of the world worst smobest daughters of one of America’s top politicians and I made millions screwing the low class people of America, ME and YOU by researching cracking freakin hardboiled eggs. WOW what a trip. All aboard Nightmare Trip #2 heading out in 1 minute.

    ReplyDelete